Spiti Valley - A Journey to The Middle Land
09 Days / 08 Nights
Spiti Valley is Ladakh's lesser known neighbor and is practically a cold mountain desert which invites travellers who dare to drift away from the usual leisure trips. Spiti Valley boasts of picturesque landscapes and remotely tucked away villages in the mighty, barren midlands of Himalayas. It is in Spiti Valley that one can hike along Snow Leopard and Himalayan Wolf habitats and pay a visit to 1000 year old monastery. Spiti Valley offers a fascinating culture and cuisine which stands apart from the rest of the country.
Spiti Valley has the harshest of the weather but kindest of the people! Its amazing to see this unique combination - which only Spiti Valley has to offer. Spiti Valley remains cut off from the rest of India for 6 months of the year. Its almost impossible for one to reach Spiti Valley even through the Shimla - Kinnaur pass during other times of the year. Best possible months to visit Spiti Valley are from mid May to September.
In the name Spiti Valley - Spiti literally means ‘middle land’ as it is bordered by Tibet in the east, Ladakh to the north, Kinnaur to the south east and Lahaul and Kullu to the south. Situated at an average height of around 12,500 feet above mean sea level, Spiti lies along the Himalayan river of the same name. Cut off from the tourist map because of its remoteness, Spiti Valley, along with its twin valley of Lahaul, has retained its pristine charm. Another interesting fact about Spiti Valley is that Spiti Valley get Sunshine for only about 250 days a year!
- Hotel accomodation provided on twin sharing basis
- 3 star and above
- All in-room orders are charged ala carte
- Non AC Car for local sightseeing
Confirmed railway reservation is subject to availability kindly confirm with our staff about availability first for your dates.
- Hotel accomodation on Twin sharing basis
- All Train tickets as depicted above
- All Bus tickets as depicted above
- All transportation for local sight seeing (non ac car)
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Travel Insurance available Optional - costs extra
- Camera fee (If Any)*
- Personal shopping expenses
- 5% GST
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- Any room orders in Hotels
- Any additional expenditure
- Khirganga - 01 Night
- Thakur Kuwan - 01 Night
- Ody Thach - 01 Night
- Mantalai - 02 Nights
- Pin Parvati Base Camp - 02 Nights
- Kaza - 01 Night
Manali - Kasol - Barsheni
- Start the day with breakfast post which you can drive to Barsheni crossing Kasol on the way.
- Traverse through dense woods and arrive at the lush verdant pastureland of Khirganga decorated with sulphur springs and a few eating joints around.
- This is where your day's trek comes to an end.
- Settle down in camps for the night.
Khirganga - Thakur Kuwan
- Hike across the various meadows that will include both ascents and descents.
- While most part of the trek will comprise of forests, you will land the lush meadows of Tunda Bhuj.
- On arriving here, catch sight of the gigantic granite cliffs that overlook verdant prairies.
- At the end of the trek, experience the thrill of crossing the river with a Pulley Bridge.
- End your day's trek here by setting up camp and unwinding in the comfort of your tents.
Thakur Kuwan - Ody Thach
- After having breakfast, head out on your trek which will entail some thrilling river crossings.
- Experience crossing over a boulder on a stream and then over the waters of the Parvati River on Pandu Bridge comprising of a massive rock and a stone staircase on one side.
- These river crossings are thrilling because sometimes the guides might not provide you with ropes.
- Arrive at the visual delight of Ody Thach bestowed with expansive pastures and the mighty Kullu Eiger peak that overlooks it.
- Come across a few shepherds here and interact with them to learn about the local cultures.
- Set up your camps here and enjoy a good night's rest to be fresh for the next day's trek.
Ody Thach - Mantalai
- After Breakfast start off with the trek along the river.
- This day's trail will comprise of flat terrains and only in the end will you experience a lateral climb.
- After completing the climb, arrive at a small temple located amidst beautiful environs.
- Here you can spend some time after which you can head towards the campsite cutting across small rivulets.
- End your day's trek here and cuddle up in your tents for the night.
- Relaxation Day at Mantalai
- Spend the entire day resting and acclimatizing to the altitude. Refresh all of your batteries in order to get pumped for the challenging next few days.
Mantalai - Pin Parvati Pass Base camp
- Start the day's adventure by cutting through a few rivers and then move on to ascend a steep terrain whose trails are missing in some parts and incomplete in the others.
- Before ending the trek, surpass a region comprising of moraines to arrive at a snowy section.
- This is where you can set up camp for the night.
- Since the region might comprise of snow, you might have to camp on frozen territory.
- The guides will go for a recee and check up on the trails that lie ahead in this trekking journey to the pass.
- The backdrop of this campsite is breathtaking and is laden with glaciers, moraines complimented with what seems like the distant echoes of an avalanche.
- Due to the strenuous nature of the next day's trek, tuck into your cosy tents early to get enough rest.
Pin Parvati Base Camp - Pin Parvati Pass - Pin Parvati Base Camp
- After an early rise make a collective decision based on the weather conditions on the start time to head out.
- This would be around 2 to 5:00 AM. This day's trek will be a long one cutting across snowy patches and hour-long steep ascends towards the peak of the pass.
- It is here when you can cherish the mesmeric panoramic visuals of frozen white snow and the surrounding peaks.
- Trek downhill from here through rocky trails and river crossings while surpassing the Pin River on the way in Spiti Valley.
- Arrive at the campsite and reward yourselves with a brewing hot cup of tea as you reminisce the day's trekking journey.
- Settle down your camps here for the night and enjoy cuddling up in the comfort of your tents.
Pin Parvati Base Camp - Tiya - Mudh
- This day's trek will entail a smooth and charming trail enhanced by the Spiti Valley that serves as the backdrop.
- This picturesque setting is further accentuated by the expansive pastures, mountains and the Pin River meandering beside the trail.
- As you move ahead on the trek, come across shepherds camping in these scenic environs and the gushing waters of the streams flowing by.
- This is when you can also witness the Mudh Village in all its appealing glory.
- Upon reaching Mudh, spend some quality time with the locals in this cosy little hamlet before taking a 2 hour drive off to Kaza.
- You will be checked into a hotel in Kaza where a warm bed and a hot shower will be awaiting you.
Kaza - Manali
- Relish a delectable breakfast and head out on a car journey to Manali en route the Kunzum pass and Rohtang Pass.
- Bid adieu to the scenic environs of the Himalayas and depart the place to continue onwards with your journey home.
Ex New Delhi
|Joining & Leaving||Reporting at New Delhi Airport/Railway Station||INR 26,999/-
Terms and Conditions
- This is a packaged tour
- Above rates are valid on a minimum of 2 adults travelling together.
- Rates are subject to change in case of any additional taxes, government fees change etc.
- Any meals and services unless mentioned in the itinerary, are not included.
- In case of unavailability in the mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel.
- EziiTours reserves the right to decline any passenger.