• Chandigarh is a city and a union territory of India which is capital of two Indian states, Haryana and Punjab.
•Chandigarh was once the dream city Jawahar Lal Nehru who was India’s first Prime Minister
• Chandigarh is internationally known for its architecture and urban design. It is one of the planned cities in India .Also the master plan of Chandigarh is analogous to human body.
• The city has highest per capita income followed by Haryana and Delhi respectively in the country
• Chandigarh’s Capitol Complex was in July 2016 declared by UNESCO as World .
• In 2016, Chandigarh is ranked as the second cleanest city of India under Swachh Bharat Survekshan.
• In 2015, a survey by LG Electronics, Chandigarh was awarded the crown of the happiest city in India over the happiness index.
• Chandigarh is also considered to be the first smoke-free city in India.
• The sectors in Chandigarh and Panchkula don’t have a Sector 13 because of the belief that the no. 13 is not auspicious.
• The city got its name from the famous Chandi Mandir Temple, which is now a famous tourist destination. Other tourist places to visit are Sukhna Lake, Rock garden, Rose garden etc
Do you want to explore and know more about this amazing place? Do get in touch with us and we will be more than happy to help you! We can also help you create an Independent trip of your own at an affordable cost!
EziiTours: travel made Easy!
By: Pabla Iraz