Interesting places in Madhya Pradesh.
Madhya Pradesh (MP) which meaning Central Province is a state in centralIndia.
Its capital is Bhopal and the largest city is Indore. Nicknamed as the “heart of India” due to its geographical location in India, Madhya Pradesh is the second-largest state in the country by area with over 75 million inhabitants, it is the fifth-largest state in India by population. It borders the states of Uttar Pradesh to the north-east, Chhattisgarh to the south-east, Maharashtra to the south, Gujarat to the west, and Rajasthan to the northwest. Its total area is 308,245 km².
Before 2000, when Chattisgarh was a part of Madhya Pradesh, it was the largest state in India and the distance between Singoli and Konta was 1500 Km. The area covered by the present-day in Madhya Pradesh includes the area of the ancient Avanti mahajanapada, whose capital Ujjain arose as a major city during the second wave of Indian urbanisation in the sixth century BCE. Subsequently, the region was ruled by the major dynasties of India.
In 1956, this state was re-organised and its parts were combined with the states of Madhya Bharat, Vindhya Pradeshand Bhopal to form the new Madhya Pradesh state with Bhopal as its capital; the Marathi-speaking Vidarbha region was removed and merged with the then Bombay State.
Rich in mineral resources, MP has the largest reserves of diamond and copper in India.
More than 30% of its area is under the forest cover. Its tourism industry has seen considerable growth, with the state topping the National Tourism Awards in the year 2010–11.
These are some places which are really interesting in Madhya Pradesh.
1. Omkareshwar: It is a Hindu temple dedicated to God Shiva. It is one of the 12 revered Jyotirlinga shrines of Shiva. It is on an island called Mandhata or Shivapuri in the Narmada river; the shape of the island is said to be like the Hindu ? symbol.
2. Bandhavgarh National Park: It is one of the popular national parks in India located in the Umaria district of Madhya Pradesh.
Bandhavgarh was declared a national park in 1968, with an area of 105 km².
3. Kanha Tiger Reserve: It is also called Kanha National Park, is one of the tiger reserves of India and the largest national park of Madhya Pradesh, state in the heart of India.
4. The Bhimbetka rock shelters: They are an archaeological site of the Paleolithic, exhibiting the earliest traces of human life on the Indian subcontinent, and thus the beginning of the South Asian Stone Age.
5. Pench National Park: This is in Seoni and Chhindwara districts of Madhya Pradesh in India. It derives its name from the Pench River that flows through the park from north to south dividing the park into almost equal western and eastern halves, the well forested areas of Seoni and Chhindwara districts respectively.
6. Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga: It is one of the most famous Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingams, which are supposed to be the most sacred abodes of Lord Shiva.
7. Van Vihar National Park: It is a national park in central India. It is located in Bhopal, the capital city of Madhya Pradesh.
Declared a national park in 1983, it covers an area of about 4.45 km².
8. The Fort of Gwalior: It is an 8th-century hill fort near Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, central India. The fort consists of a defensive structure and two main palaces, Gurjari Mahal and Man Mandir, built by Man Singh Tomar.
9. Taj-ul-Masajid: It is a Mosque situated in Bhopal, India. The name is also spelt as Taj-ul-Masjid. However the correct Name is Taj-ul-Masajid and not Taj-ul-Masjid. “Masajid” means “Mosques” and “Taj-ul-Masajid” literally means “Crown Among Mosques”.
10. The Kandariya Mahadeva Temple: It means “the Great God of the Cave”, is the largest and most ornate Hindu temple in the medieval temple group found at Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh, India.
11. The Lakshmana Temple: It is a Hindu temple built by Yashovarman located in Khajuraho, India. Dedicated to Vaikuntha Vishnu – an aspect of Vishnu.
These are some of the interesting places in Madhya Pradesh.
Come let’s go for a trip together.
Talk to us at EziiTours to Explore New Destinations around the World.