Kashmir which is Filled with flowers in spring and snow in winter, a honeymoon in Kashmir can provide much to be excited about for couples. From skiing in Gulmarg, trekking through the breathtaking mountains lakes, trout fishing in Sonmarg and a romantic stay in cedar panelled houseboats in Jhelum River there is no end to things to do in Kashmir Valley.
Plan your honeymoon to this beautiful valley, often compared to paradise for an experience of a lifetime. With myriad landscapes, lakes, mountains and gardens there is a lot to see here.
Here are some of the places to visit in Kashmir and pick out the ones that suit your trip.
1. Srinagar: The city of Srinagar is one of the most obvious places to visit in Kashmir and thats not without a reason. Sitting on the banks of Jhelum it provides a variety of options for things to do in Kashmir. Take a ride on the whimsical Shikaras or go water skiing on Dal or Nagin Lake, watch migratory birds in Dachigam Wildlife Sanctuary, walk through the beautiful Mughal gardens and visit the old city monuments like the Hazratbal Shrine, Jama Masjid and the Shankaracharya temple. You are sure to be mesmerised by what it has to offer.
2. Kishtwar: It is surrounded with lofty mountains, dense deodar and pine forests is a perfect place for those who enjoy taking long walks. While you visit Paddar, famous for its sapphire and ruby mines and be sure to take a dip in Tatta Pani, a popular hot spring.
3. Bhaderwah: Its a perfect place for both nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts and is a great option for planning a honeymoon in Kashmir. The town is endowed with unmatched natural beauty which lends to its nickname, Mini Kashmir. Along with forests, the town contains many streams flowing through it adding to its picture-perfect scenery.
4. Pahalgam: In the lush greenery of Aru and Betaab Valley, trek to Kohli Glacier, take a pony ride in the scenic meadow of Baisaran and go white water rafting down the Lidder River. Pahalgam is without doubt one of the best places to visit in Kashmir.
5. Baramulla: The district of Baramulla is generously blessed with natural endowments. Plan a honeymoon in Kashmir to the locals by going bird watching at Manasbal Lake and taking a drive to Uri for a simple picnic. Also visit Wular Lake which is considered Asia’s largest fresh water lake for some breathtaking views.
6. Sonmarg: Blessed with many lakes, fresh water or otherwise trout fishing is one of the things to do in Kashmir and you should not miss out on the experience. Enjoy the activity at Krishnasar Lake, a few kilometres from Sonmarg. Vishansar Lake has a breathtaking view from the top of the meadow and is one of the must-see places to visit in Kashmir. Abundant in colours, it also has an adventurous route with beautiful green water and frozen lakes if you feel like a long trek with your partner.
7. Udhampur: Set amidst lush green surroundings and fringed by eucalyptus trees, Udhampur is a delight for history buffs. The city offers many relics dating back to the time of epic of Mahabharata in addition to other attractions like the Ramnagar fort, Moungri Cave shrine and Sudh Mahadev temple.
8. Badgam: This place with exotic locales, Budgam is the reflection of authentic Kashmir. Yousmarg, consisting of a cluster of meadows is perfect for a picnic spot. But make sure you visit Doodhpathri, a picturesque site situated in the middle of dense forests, hills and a stream. There couldn’t be a more perfect place if you are on your honeymoon in Kashmir.
9. Gurez: Considered as the gateway of the ancient Silk Route, Gurez is one of the most scenic valleys in Kashmir. Enjoy river rafting on the clear blue waters of the Kishanganga Riverflowing through the valley.
10. Kupwara: Get a panoramic view of the Valley of Kashmir from the top of Ainch Mountain when you are in Kupwara. In addition visit the Lolab Valley and see Kheer Bhawani, Hazrat Mahmood Shah Shrine and Shaloora shrine for an enjoyable sightseeing expedition. These are the best places to visit in Kashmir and you can get the most beautiful places to stay.
These are some places you must visit with us while you plan to travel Kashmir.
Come let’s go for a trip together.
Talk to us at EziiTours to Explore New Destinations around the World.