- “Babaji” simply means “revered father” and “Mahavatar” means “great avatar”.
- Mahavatar Babaji is the name given to an Indian saint and yogi by Lahiri Mahasaya. Along with several of his disciples who met Babaji between 1861 and 1935.
- Paramahansa Yogananda describes some of these meetings in his book Autobiography of a Yogi, including a first hand telling of Yogananda’s own meeting with Mahavatar Babaji.
- The Holy Science by Yukteshwar Giri gives the another first account with the Babaji.
- According to Sri M’s autobiography Sri Guru Babaji, i.e., Babaji was Lord Shiva. In the second last chapter of his book, he mentions Sri Guru Babaji changing his form to Lord Shiva. All of these accounts, along with additional meetings with Mahavatar Babaji, has a special mentioning in various biographies of those mentioned by Yogananda.
- Babaji was the guru of Lahiri Mahasaya, through whom the science of Kriya Yoga — a technique for spiritual liberation — once more began to spread throughout the world.
- Some of the encounters included two or more witnesses and discussions between those who met Mahavatar Babaji indicate that they all met the same person.
- The climb to Baba Ji Maharaj Gufa starts from the Joshi Guest House with a trek road. It is a 3km well marked smooth trek and then steep ascend to dronagiri mountain trekking. Try walking slowly in order to save your energy. Trek to Baba ji’s Cave will take approx 1.30 hour from joshi guest house kukuchina.
- This place is a amazing trek and the view from the top is very amazing. You could also meditate for while sitting inside the cave and feel the coldness.
You can see a very blissful view from the top of the mountains.
Come join us on this spiritual trip to a new world.
Talk to us at EziiTours to Explore New Destinations around the World.