Travelling to Singapore – Facing Visa Problem?
With the increasing tourist flow from India to Singapore, it is easier and faster to get a Singapore Visa for Indian Citizens. It offers travelers a world of fantastic possibilities with its ultra-modern skyscrapers and towers of glass contrast with the colonial charm of historic buildings. It is one of the world’s top travel destinations, especially for stopovers. In addition to this, you will find a wide range of hotels to suit your budget from major famous names to smaller hotels offering great rates.
How To Apply For Singapore Visa From India?
With effect from 1st April 2009, the Singapore
High Commission does not accept individual walk-in applications. Applications must be submitted in person to any of their authorized visa agents at Annex A. Applicants whose application has been approved can have their e-Visa printed by the authorized visa agents.
- Indian nationals are required to apply for visa to enter Singapore and holding official and diplomatic passports are exempted from the entry visa requirement. Indian citizens can apply for a Singapore visa online using the e-Visa application system. The High Commission of Singapore in India does not accept any walk-in applications. All the visa applications have to be submitted online.
- Applicants have to fill up Form 14 A to apply for a visa. This form is available for free on the website of ICA (www.ica.gov.sg). The online payment mode accepts Master/ Visa, Debit/ Credit cards only.
- Apart from this, Any local contact of yours in Singapore can also apply for a visa online on the behalf of you via SAVE (Submission of Application for Visa Electronically). To apply, your contact will have to use their SingPass account.
- Once your visa application is approved, you can print the e-visa.
Documents Required For Singapore Visa In India
1. Valid passport with at least six months validity on the date of entry into Singapore;
2. Duly completed and signed Form 14A;
3. 2 recent colored passport size photographs:
· 35 mm wide by 45 mm high without border
· Taken within the last 3 months
· Taken full face without headgear, unless the applicant habitually wears a headgear in accordance with his/her religious or racial custom but the headgear must not hide the applicant’s features.
· The facial image must be between 25 mm and 35 mm from chin to crown; taken against a plain white background with matt or semi-matt finish.) Please note that scanned or unclear photographs will not be accepted and kindly ensure that your form is properly completed. Any incomplete submission or false declaration will result in the application being rejected;
4. Any other relevant supporting documents deemed to merit the consideration of the application. (e.g. Letter of Introduction, In-Principal Approval Letter, Letter of Guarantee from Shipping Agent, Company Invitation Letter, Employment Letter, Residential Proof etc);
-All documents in Hindi, including official notes, should be translated into English language
- The visa processing fee for each application is Singaporean $30. Visa processing fees are paid upon application of visas. The processing fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you withdraw the application after submission.
- Authorised Visa Agents are permitted to charge a service fee of Rs.300 on top of the visa processing fee. All fees are paid upon the application of the visa.
The fees and charges can be changed at the discretion of the Singapore
ICA (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority).
VISA PROCESSING TIME
Level I applicants – 1 working day after the visa application has been submitted by the Authorized Visa Agent. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
Level II applicants – 5 to 7 working days after submitting the application to and Authorized Visa Agent. This excludes the day of submission, weekends and public holidays.
Submission of documents to Authorized Visa Agent ► Agent to submit documents to High Commission online ► Processing time ► Result of Visa
SERVICE STANDARD ON PROCESSING TIME
The Singapore High Commission and Immigration & Checkpoints Authority Singapore
normally takes 1 working day to process the application after all relevant documents have been duly submitted by the Authorized Visa Agent. Please note that some applications may take longer to process.
Q. What do I do if I lose my e-visa copy?
Ans: In case you lose your copy of e-Visa, you can print a new copy by following the same steps for tracking the status of visa application. You can also contact your authorized visa agent to get a new copy.
Q. Does a Singapore visa guarantee entry in the country?
Ans: No, a Singapore visa does not guarantee entry in the country. You also need to fulfil the other requirements. For example – You need to have a valid passport, confirmed return air ticket and you have to provide proof that you have enough funds that will last during your stay in Singapore.
Q. Can I apply for a Singapore visa in person at the office of the High Commission of Singapore?
No, you cannot apply for a Singapore visa in person at the office of the High Commission of Singapore.
By when do I apply for a Singapore
You should apply for a Singapore Visa at least a month before your trip.
Q. How much time will it take to process my Singapore visa application?
Ans: Your Singapore visa application will be processed within a period of 1 working day after you submit it to the authorized visa agent. This one working day does not include the submission date, public holidays and weekends.